ATLANTA (July 16, 2018) – The Atlanta Braves have opened a pop-up exhibit celebrating the career of Chipper Jones at The Battery Atlanta. The space, open now through August 31, showcases the third baseman’s 19-year major league career with it culminating with his upcoming Hall of Fame induction ceremony on July 29.
The exhibit is free and open to the public seven days a week. The space will feature curated items from his time with the ballclub as well as unique artifacts created just for the exhibit. Here are just a few of the items that will be on display in the pop-up space:
· A gallery of Chipper bobbleheads and other giveaway items from his time with the Braves
· Life size cut outs of Chipper both on and off the field
· A giant Chipper Jones bobblehead
· Oversized replica baseball cards from his career
· Chipper’s retired number from Turner Field
· The store-front windows of the exhibit will be a coloring book outline of memorable Chipper moments that fans can color in using markers inside the space
· A bench from the dugout at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium
· Home plate is located at the doors of the space and follows the third baseline inside. The backwall of the exhibit features a view of the outfield from home plate.
· An interactive photo gallery where fans can submit photos of game posters, images of them wearing #10 jerseys or even photos with Chipper by using the hashtag #ChipperExperience
· A display of the three jerseys Chipper wore during his Braves career
Fans can stop by Suite 1020 Battery Avenue (in between Haagen-Dazs and Baseballism) on game days from 12- 8 p.m. Monday-Saturday and non-game days and Sunday game days from 12-5 p.m.
For more information on the exhibit, please visit www.braves.com/chipper.